Monday, May 18, 2009

Don't give up on me!

I told myself that I wouldn't get behind on blogging after baby. Guess I was wrong. I just don't know where the time goes! This baby, 3 weeks old now!, likes to be held. And she isn't "out"until 1:00 am. I'm averaging 4-5 hours of sleep nightly. If I hold her she sleeps, as soon as I put her down I've got time to brush my teeth before she is awake. During the day is better, but if I don't get a nap my family pays for it. We're trying, I almost got all of the laundry folded today :) Emily has been so sweet with Brinley. Today she was starting to cry just as I was getting out of the shower so Emily was singing to her.
"Brinley, it's okay.
Brinley, it's okay.
We love you.
We love you.
We love you so much!"
The other day it was Rock a Bye Baby. It's so fun watching the kids fuss over her.
This evening was beautiful. We sat outside and ate creamies and then watched the kids ride their bikes all over the place. So nice. Doug turned on the sprinklers just after 8:00, Emily disappeared into the house and came out with her swimsuit on. She has been asking for weeks to be able to run through the sprinklers. I wish I'd had my camera. The kids had so much fun getting wet.
Tomorrow I'll try to do more catching up, I'm done typing with one hand for tonight. And because you can't have a blog post without pictures here's a couple Doug took tonight. Isn't my baby beautiful?

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Sydney was much the same with the wanting to be held... as much as that is hard, I would love to just sit and hold her again. Good luck! Wish I were closer, I would come and hold her for awhile so you could have some time...

Natalie said...

She is sure getting big. I love the black hair. So cute!