Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Christmas sewing

I've had a week of sick kids. All of them on different days and each of them something different. Emmy had pink eye, Nate was throwing up, Katie had a headache, fever, queasy tummy and is just starting to get over her horrible cough 5 days later, and Boo Boo (aka Brinley) has a runny nose with watery goopy eyes. At least Brinley's resulted in her two bottom teeth popping up! She is getting SO big SO fast! :-( And right now I should be packing to go to Boise tomorrow for the Farm Bureau Young Farmers & Ranchers State Convetion. Doug (and me by default) is the District 2 Chairman, so he is over 6 counties. But I am tired of thinking about posting and just wanted to do it. I mentioned on facebook that I was making my girls some Christmas skirts and they turned out so cute. I also made them matching necklaces and barettes. I love them! So here they are:

And here's a close up.


I also made my kids these superhero/royalty capes for Christmas. They turned out pretty cute. I wondered if Katie would want one, but she saw something like them in a Christmas catalog and wanted it. I'm so glad she still likes to play dress-up, makes me feel like maybe she isn't growing up quite so fast. I had some other projects I wanted to make for Christmas. It just didn't happen.



And for those of you who aren't local, I am sorry you haven't received your Xmas cards yet. Yikes! Did I really just admit that? I didn't get them out before Christmas and we spent the week after Christmas in West Yellowstone and after we got home I just forgot! There are my excuses, and I will get them sent next week. We'll just pretend that I wanted to send them for Valentines day, right? :-P

3 comments:

Holly said...

The skirts turned out darling! You are amazing! Loving all your projects! It was so fun to catch up with Shirley today at dance, Emily loved having her grandma there! ;) Have fun in Boise!!

Natalie said...

SO STINKING CUTE!! I love the Christmas skirts and the capes are so cute. My roomie from college made some capes for her kids last year that I LOVED too. I really need to make some for my kids before they are too big for them!

Jess said...

I'm glad someone else is that far behind too! I don't have calendars or my girls' dresses done yet. Bu this weekend is looking good for productivity! Your skirts were adorable, I love all your fun drafty ideas!