Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"Katie Girl"

Katrina turned 9 on Mother's Day. And with Brinley only two weeks old, I feel like she got the bum end of the deal. Normally I make invitations, decorations, and cake to match. It just didn't happen this year. I made some very simple invites and got a cake from Broulims. It was a Hannah Montana cake and she did love it. I don't know what I would do without my "Katie Lady". She is not only a huge help to me but is my best bud. We help each other pick out our outfits, we love to shop together, and we love to listen to music, sing and dance. We just love to be together. She loves to write - stories, poems, songs. They're all so cute! It's probably not fair that a mom depend so much on her daughter. I can't get out the door without her help. And she amazes me at the things she can do. I don't give her enough credit for the kitchen skills she has or for how good she is with Brinley. And it seems to come naturally to her. I still want her to be little and she is growing up so fast! We're starting to butt heads more as she tries to grow and I try to hold her back. But neither of us can stay upset at the other for very long. Have 9 years really gone so fast? A couple of months ago Doug mentioned that as she turns 9 her time living in our home will be half over. Just stab a mother in the heart why don't you! I don't even want to think about it. Her smile brightens my day and her hugs warm my heart. I love you, Katie girl!











2 comments:

Jen said...

That was so sweet . I feel the same way about my Paige girl! That post just made me cry and you can thank Doug for the stab he just put in my heart as well! GEESH, some peoples husbands! LOL! Love You Heather.

Natalie said...

She is such a cute girl. I had never thought of 1/2 their at home time being over - that is terrible!!:(