Monday, June 1, 2009

Brinley Grace Barrie

Brinley's blessing day was so nice. I love having all the family together and when I get to throw the party, all the better! Her blessing was beautiful and of course I was in tears during the opening hymn, so I was a mess by blessing time. Oh well. Doug and I had a hard time picking her middle name. There was never anything we loved. I liked Grace and he liked Ann, which is his mom's middle name - I didn't want to use a family name. I know, not very nice of me. So we flipped a coin and I won. But during the blessing he was sure to pause nice and long before her middle name. He can be such a stinker. I wondered if he was going to change it but he didn't. Brinley is such a sweet heart. We all love to be around her. I still love to just sit and hold her, which is good because she isn't growing out of her "hold me" attitude. Here's our little angel.


Then everyone came over for lunch. I made Hawaiian Haystacks. My favorite! For dessert we had an angel food cake roll with a strawberry filling and a chocolate creme cake roll. It was so good. My little decorations turned out cute and I hope someday Brinley appreciates it. If not, I sure had fun putting it all together! And after everyone finally left I took a two hour nap!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Her dress is so cute. I love the decorations. They turned out good. I love to use that font on just about everything. Sounds like a fun party...and lots of yummy food!!

Holly said...

Heather, she is SO stinkin' cute! Darling decor! I think you should share the recipes for the strawberry shortcake roll! PLEASE! It sounds divine! Glad you took that nap... you deserved it!!

Kelli said...

She looks beautiful! Looks like a fun party, you do a nice job! Congrats again!

Jen said...

OH she is just a little dolly! Cute decorating girl! You are amazing!