Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Don't Do That To Me!

Last night Emily gave me quite the scare - almost. It was about 7:30, I'd just finished cleaning up dinner and needed to start bath time. I hadn't seen Emily in a while and assumed she was playing in Katie's room with the kids.

"Katie, what's Emily doing?"

"I don't know."

"She's not with you?"

"No."

Emily sometimes likes to hide so I started looking.

"Emily..."

She's not playing in my closet.

"Emily?"

She's not under my bed.

"Emily, answer me."

Not in my bathroom, or the hall closet, or the kids bedrooms. And not answering me either. By this time Katie and Nate were looking, too. The lights were off in the basement but I sent Katie to look there and I was headed to the garage. And wouldn't you know it, when I turned to head through to the garage I found this:

My sweet little monkey sound asleep in the front room! RELIEF. And after I checked to make sure she was breathing ( I actually did that! ) I let her be. Doug summed it up nicely. "So she really didn't do anything and you just overreacted." I guess I did. Have you ever done that?

3 comments:

Natalie said...

You have no idea how many times I have panicked over a sleeping kid. When they aren't making noise and won't answer it is VERY normal as the mom to go crazy worrying. She sure looks cute snuggled on the chair.

Holly said...

ALL the time! haha! :) Good luck this week, hope by the end you have a sweet little baby. I still think you are one of the cutest prego women ever!

Deborah said...

Yes, I've freaked out over nothing, too. I just say that it's a sign of an awesome mom, right!!! Heather Marie, how are you? I keep meaning to e-mail you back...you know me, I'm so so so bad at keeping in touch. But, I just love your belly pics; you look fantastic. I'm at a 2 as well, but only 60 percent effaced, so maybe you'll beat me??? My c-section is scheduled for next Monday, so I'm trying to get ready. Like you, my house is SO NOT ready, but I'M SO ready! Good luck with everything, my friend!