Monday, April 6, 2009

While the cats away... and legwarmers

My husband has left me - at least until Friday. He is in sunny Glendale, AZ for another round of Nouveau Riche real estate classes. Instead of flying this time he made the drive with two other guys. I don't think I would have enjoyed the drive even if I weren't preggo, but I kind of wish I were there. The classes are awesome and it's really a lot of fun. But anyway while the cats away the mouse will CRAFT! This morning I spent only 1 hour checking out some blogs. And you know how it is. You find a cute idea on one so you click the link, and find another cute idea, and another, and so on. I have a list of at least 6 things I want to do now. So fun!! Let's hope I get to them, I have a habit of collecting ideas and never actually getting to them. Sort of like the legwarmers I made today.
Emily brought me these socks from her drawer this morning and asked "Where are my legwarmers?" I bought these socks the day after Thanksgiving at the Freddy's sale with the intention of making legwarmers from a tutorial I found forever ago.


So I dug out the tutorial and went to work, what do you think? I think I either needed bigger socks or she grew. But she is loving them. I think I want some for me and Katie. I'm going to have to buy bigger socks and make her more but I know they'll be cute on the baby. Who I have a new name for, but I'm not willing to share yet. Doug hasn't given me his verdict on it. Do you love Emmi's pose? Get the camera out and this is what you get - I love it!




Well, since Doug is gone it is now about time to get in the van for the third time today to get Katie from school. That is the only down side about the move. I don't want the kids to change schools. I was thinking that maybe next year I would but Katie has a friend in our new ward who was in her second grade class last year and attends the other school this year. (Does that even make sense?) Katie asked her if she liked the other school and she said no. School is better where Katie is now. And I just don't think that Katie could find better friends than the ones she has. Oakley and Lauren are the sweetest, best girls ever. With friends like them I would never have to worry about Katie. So here we go to load up. When we get home I plan on sending the kids out, because is it gorgeous today, and working on another thing I've had planned. We'll see how it goes.
Okay someone help me. I want to do a link to the tutorial for the legwarmers. How do I do it? I want to be able to highlight a word so when you click it will take you to the tutorial. HELP!?!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Heather
I am no help on the link, but I hope someone is because I LOVE the legwarmers. I think they are so stinking cute on Emily. I will definitely be making some when you post the link.

Jess said...

I agree with Natalie, I LOVE the legwarmers but I unfortunatley don't have any solutions for the link either. I look forward to the posting of it though!

Holly said...

The leg warmers are SO cute! I'll try to explain the links... post this code under your html mode not the compose mode on your blog.

The code is this: HERE

Just put your own website inbetween the " " quotations and you can change the word HERE to anything you would like. Does that make sense?

If not e-mail me at sunshineinmysoul_33@yahoo.com

I'll try to explain it better! :)

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

Okay just e-mail me and I'll send you the directions, I can't get the code to post on here with out making it active. Sorry! :)