Wednesday, April 29, 2009

She's Here!

And we are so happy! After 3 hours of 10-11 minute contractions on Sunday we decided to go get checked out. We got to the hospital at 11:15. At 11:45 I was a 4. I continued to have contractions but was still a 4 an hour later. The nurse didn't know what to tell us, if Emily hadn't been so fast last time we would have just gone home, but we didn't want to risk anything changing too quickly. She called the doc and he said for us to stay and if nothing had transpired he'd break my water in the morning. So that's what happened. Doc broke my water at 7:30 and we waited. At noon I was only a 6, we were all a little puzzled. So with a little pit we hit 8 ten minutes later and after another 10 minutes we were ready to have a baby. She was born at 12:35.
Brinley Grace Barrie, 9 lbs. 10 ozs!!






Now I know why I looked like I'd swallowed a beach ball. She was huge, they said I had a lot of water and the placenta was big too. Sheesh! I don't know what I did but she's a very healthy girl. Have I ever mentioned that I'm SO grateful for epidurals? We just think she is beautiful and the girls can't get enough of her. Nathan is still coming around but said he is happy we have her. He gave her a sweet kiss tonight before bed. We're so grateful for this new little piece of Heaven in our home.

8 comments:

Jen said...

Welcome to the big baby club! She is adorable!!! My little Gavin was 9lbs 13 ounces! Yowzers!! Good work Heather! What a little Dolly!

Kelli said...

Congratulations Heather! What a sweet baby girl! I wish I could come and hold her. Good luck, I wish you a good four-hour stretch of sleep sometime soon! Love ya!

Holly said...

Congratulations!! She's BEAUTIFUL!!

Natalie said...

She is beautiful Heather. The one thing I LOVE about big babies is how much weight you lose just having them.:) I can't tell who she looks like yet...she might just be her own little person. You call me if you need anything okay!!

Jess said...

She's so adorable! You got the name thing solved obviously, we're still working on that part. I can't believe how small they start out. After looking at my "baby" Lexi, Brinley seems so tiny! You forget how little they are. Congrats!

The Smith's said...

Super cute and sweet as always! Love those chubby little cheeks! It is nice to see her eyes open in the picture. I like yr new carseat too.

Arfmann Family said...

Congrats to all of you! I love those first couple days of having a new baby home. It's so fun for all the big kids to get to know this new little person. Let me know if you need anything. I have to go to Utah for the weekend, but then I can be good to go for ya. I can't believe you had a baby that weighed 9 lbs. Seriously Crazy!
Hollie

Deborah said...

Congrats, Heather, Darling! I'm so excited for you. Aren't newborns amazing?! She is just gorgeous; I love her mouth. We need to get our two together so they can bond, huh?! Love ya tons.