Wednesday, April 1, 2009

More Bows and a Birthday

Katie and I decided that we would make these flower bows over Spring Break. Yesterday we got out all of the stuff to do it. It was pretty fun. I saw the idea on Studio 5 on KSL. Does anyone ever watch that? I love it and Good Things Utah. They always have fun ideas and yummy recipes. The instructions say to die-cut your flowers, well I don't have a cricut or anything like it so Katie and I cut them by hand. We have enough fabric left over for tons of them, we're thinking gifts for Katie's friends. Here's all of our flower pieces laid out. Sorry I didn't get this picture turned.

Then we piled all of the pieces up and sewed a button through the centers. Glue on a clasp and ta-da! Easy and we think they are so cute. The original idea was to glue them on a bar clasp to dress up t-shirts, jeans, and purses, etc. So we will be making more.


After our fabric adventure we headed to Pocatello. This fine fellow a.k.a "the chosen one" a.k.a. my "little" brother Josh turned 21 yesterday!!

I can't believe he is 21. I'm a good bit older than him so we have never been real buddy like, I'm probably more motherly to him if anything. He's a good kid and currently attending ISU. You should see him play "Rock Band", he's the master. Love you Josh!! He is definitely my mother's "chosen one", and he knows it. We had yummy "Better Than Sex" cake that Hailey made and hung out. And of course my mother had to get a picture of Hailey and I together. Hailey's baby boy is due on July11. Aren't we cute! I wish I didn't look exhausted in every picture.

They just had to take a picture of us bump to bump. Ugh! Hailey loved it. She actually said " I feel skinny next to you!" Yes, she is a brat. And I am very excited for her. And then I got a cute picture of my kids together. They can be so sweet. I look at those faces and my heart melts.










5 comments:

Kelli said...

Heather, I haven't seen a picture of your kids for awhile! They are so big, and so cute!

Jen said...

aWWW! Look at your cutie pie kiddos - all grown up. They need to come and see Aunty Jen. Oh and look at your siblings all grown up too! Man how time flies! Feel free to use the cake idea for Nate! I think it turned out pretty cute. Those are M&Ms on top - not skittles but you could use either. Love you guys!

Natalie said...

Heather
I am so glad you started a blog. I LOVE the bows. They are so cute and sound so simple - just what I love. I also love the pregnant pictures. Time sure goes by fast when you aren't the one pregnant...I can't believe you will soon have another cute kid. We do need to get the kids together, the girls were all SO upset that Katie's mom wouldn't let her come to achievement days the other day.:)

Holly said...

Yeah Heather!! I'm so excited you started a blog. These bows are ADORABLE! I was just telling your MIL that I didn't get to say goodbye when you moved. It looks like you are loving your new house! And you are one of the most adorable pregnant women ever! :)

Jess said...

I can't believe how you look so cute and bubbly when you are pregnant, I just look fat and haggered. I'm so glad you got a blog. I don't know if you have mine yet but it is cjbirdfamily.blogspot.com