Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Tradition

I can't believe it has been a week since I've been on here. The week has flown by. Which is good - one week closer to baby. And I'm ready. My house isn't really ready yet, but I am. I've had enough of being pregnant. I'm trying to find lots of projects to keep me busy. Although I have plenty of housework I could be doing, but I can always find a good excuse for not doing housework. ;-) Last week I made these bunnies for my kids.


They have loved them. I got my inspiration from Sherelle Christensen's blog. She has amazing talent. After I figured out a pattern for them they were a lot of fun.
Every year we head to Firth for the Easter Egg hunt. A couple of years ago we tried a hunt closer to home. Never again. It was a mad house and the Firth one is a lot more fun. The kids get to take their eggs to a trick or treat style area and get a candy depending on which Firth business is written on the eggs they found. Emily got 2 big chocolate bunnies (I'll have to help her eat those. :-) ) and Nathan got eggs with the dentist on them and got 2 toothbrushes in addition to plenty of candy.



After the hunt was over my mother had to get the picture which is becoming a new tradition. The belly shot. So here is the most recent installment of Hailey and Heather "bump to bump".

The kids put on their Easter outfits for church on Sunday. The girls were excited for their dresses and sandals. Church was really nice, although I couldn't sit any longer after Sacracment so Emily and I came home. She is still not quite adjusted. She'll go to class after Singing/Sharing Time but now that Katie and Nathan are both in Senior Primary I think she gets scared to be by herself and I have to sit with her. I'm thinking with the baby coming it may take her quite a while to go to Primary by herself. After Church we headed to Firth again for Easter Dinner and Grandma Larson hosted another Easter Egg hunt for the kids. They had a lot of fun and it was so nice to be outside and soak up the sunshine. Then today it snowed. I'm looking forward to more sunny weather this weekend. Let's keep our fingers crossed. I'm also looking forward to another DR. appt on Friday. Last Friday I was a "2" and 75%. We'll see what another week brings. Now back to making my baby announcements.

No comments: